electric fence for horses: the horse fence store: electric fence information and supplies
The Horse Fence Store is a catalog store offering lots of information plus the internet's best selection of electric horse fence kits and products. It draws on years of experience and an array of several hundered electric fence components carried by its owner, the McGregor Fence Company LLC.
Those seeking to expand their knowledge of electric horse fences should browse the following
- How an Electric Fence Works: This brief (one-page) account explains how an electric fence works in plain English. Anyone interested in electric fences who doesn't really understand how they work should read it.
- Horse Fence Options: A description of electric horse fences that separates them into the four basic types based on the jobs they do and what's needed to set them up.
- Electric Horse Fence Parts: This section describes all the major components of electric horse fences, what their principal variations are, and how to select them for the kind of fence involved.
- How to Install an Electric Horse Fence: These pages present brief videos on electric horse fence installation and provide written pointers that anyone installing such a fence should know.
- Links: A list of other McGregor websites dealing with other animals and providing our full inventory of electric fence supplies.
Our Product Pages:
Use these pages to order electric fence kits and components in the following categories:
- Portable Kits: Portable pasture and corral kits (for use when horses travel, as in camping, trail rides, visits to horse shows, etc.) and movable pasture fences (mostly for pasture management and selective grazing).
- Electric Fence Chargers: A large array of AC, AC/DC, Battery, and Solar-powered electric fence chargers, over 60 in all.
- Charger Accessories: Solar panels, batteries, a battery case, battery rechargers, and lightning protectors.
- Other Accessories: Reels for polyconductors, electric switches, and a weed burden protector (power drain limiter).
- Conductors: Polytapes in various widths, polyrope, polywire, bare metal wire, and electric fence hookup wire.
- Connectors: Electrical connectors, plus a wide variety of splicers, joiners, tensioners, and clamps.
- Gate Gear: Bungee and other wide gates able to span up to 20 feet; plus gate anchors, gate handles, gate rings, and insulators suited to serving as gate parts.
- Grounding Gear: Ground rods and clamps.
- High-tensile Gear: Parts needed to put a galvanized steel electric fence wire under tension.
- Insulators: A large collection of roughly 100 insulator varieties for all kinds of posts and conductors.
- Posts: A wide array of fiberglass posts, plus step-in posts and steel U-posts suited to electric fences.
- Testers: A good selection of electric fence testers (voltage readers), plus a night light for electric fences and a directional electric fence fault finder.
- Warning Signs: Signs to advise people of the fence so they won't be surprised.
More Generally, We Pledge You:
- A Large Inventory
- Low Prices
- Prompt Delivery
- Sound Guidance
What Would You Like to Do?
As noted above, we pride ourselves on offering many choices. Besides a lot of carefully selected electric fencing products, we offer electric fence kits and a lot of information-including short, sound, and effective installation videos, a page on how an electric fence works, and a guide on how to select electric fence parts.
If you already know what you want and are not highly horse-oriented, visit our discount electric fence store, which offers discounts on volume purchases. Or else, if you would like to explore fences for deer (electric fences), bears, dogs, cats, gardens (small animals), or gardens (all animals), click on the appropriate link to visit a site dedicated to those products. Or if you wish to explore barrier deer fencing, click here to visit our large barrier deer fence website--generally considered the best and most informative in the trade.